Note for Windows users: Update 1.19.1 has just been released, fixing an issue where Windows would crash after launch. This is one of the bigger releases, containing 8 new routes in a new section of the Makuri Islands, Neokyo! For everything you need to know about Neokyo, head over to this article: https://pursuitcyclingforkids.com/2021/11/01/all-about-neokyo-makuri-islands/. Zwift has also added the new Uranium bike, for the El Giro De Rigo event later on this month. Zwift Insider should have speed tests up shortly. Here is a list of bug fixes and improvements from the forums post. Zwift also released the FFWD RYOT55 wheelset. Neokyo is currently available for meetups, and will be available for event organizers shortly. Zwift will also be holding a Neokyo Badge Hunt Series, details will be released early next week.
Zwift sneakily added a new route badge called Neokyo Crit Course that will likely be used for the upcoming Neokyo badge hunt series. This is the first time Zwift has every added a event only route badge, so look out for events on this course! For more details on this route, head over to this article: https://pursuitcyclingforkids.com/2021/11/20/zwift-neokyo-crit-course-details/.
- Fixed an issue where the scrollbar in the route selection UI did not appear.
- Fixed an issue where Zwifters would have access to bikes and wheels that they have not purchased or are level locked.
- Fixed an issue causing the Training Plan name to be incorrect when changing your plan.
- Fixed an issue which caused the watts required for specific workout blocks to be inconsistent between the preview and in-game work out.
- The post ride steering survey will appear less frequently after a ride where a steering device was paired.
- Fixed an issue causing the Repack Ridge section of Watopia to be inaccessible to riders.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a Zwifter’s speed and direction to lock after trying to perform a u-turn.
- Fixed an issue on Apple TV where Zwifters would continue to run after Bluetooth was turned off on the device.
- Fixed an issue which would cause the game to crash when toggling through segment leaderboard.
- Fixed an issue which would leave a Zwifter in limbo when trying to ride with another user who had recently disconnected from the game.
- Fixed an issue which caused pedal assist to end too early when joining a pace partner in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue which would cause the game to crash when joining a smaller world with an abundance of active Zwifters.
- Fixed a number of performance issues with the in-game leaderboard.
- Fixed an issue causing the segment leader jersey icon to disappear from the riders nearby list for the current segment leader.
Here are some images of Neokyo, and images of the content that was added in this update.
Here is a complete list of bugs that were released in this update. This section will be updated frequently with the Zwift update 1.19 bugs.
- Windows 8 Makuri Islands crash. Here is a link to the forums: https://forums.zwift.com/t/makuri-islands-crashing-after-neokyo-update-windows-8/562136
- Shimano Dura-Ace 12 Speed slower. This is a bug that has been around for a few months now
- Crash while launching Zwift. Here is a link to the forums: https://forums.zwift.com/t/crashing-during-game-launch-november-2021-1-19-0/562316
- Crash after log in, iOS and Apple TV. Here is a link to the forums: https://forums.zwift.com/t/crash-after-login-ios-and-appletv-november-2021-1-19-0/562483
- Windows crash at launch. Here is a link to the forums: https://forums.zwift.com/t/crashing-during-game-launch-windows-november-2021-1-19-0/562316/83. *FIXED
I think that it is great to see the Makuri Islands expand and I am very excited to ride the new routes. It was also great to see Zwift roll out the earlier last week(https://thespeedhound.com/blogs/news/zwift-pack-dynamics-3-0). The new routes look amazing and I think the game designers put a lot of effort into this world, making it one of the best designed worlds on Zwift. I expect some new routes over the next few releases, and maybe some new roads in the next 6 months ish. Maybe Mt. Fuji? Or possibly Mt. Zuji. I thought that Yumezi was the best designed roads that Zwift had done, but Neokyo easily 1 ups it. Thanks for reading and check back soon for more Zwift related news! A video of Neokyo will be uploaded shortly. Stay tuned!
1 Week Later…
If you enjoyed this article, check back frequently for more Zwift related news! Or subscribe to email notifications, and have articles sent directly to your inbox!